Posted by: Megan Castillo
Freestyle supports the online inventory management and order fulfillment of ‘Kit’ aka ‘Bundled’ products!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with these types of products a ‘kit’, or what Magento refers to as a ‘bundled’ product, is a product that is made up of various components or items and are sold as a set or group. Managing the inventory associated with each kit can be difficult, especially when one item is used as a component in more than one kit. However, with Freestyle, managing the inventory and order fulfillment process of kit products just got easier!
Benefits of Using Freestyle to Manage Your ‘Kit’ Products
- Create & Edit Kits Easily: Setting up kits in Freestyle is easy to do and manage. At any time, you can switch, add and/or remove a component.
- List One Item Multiple Times: Sell one item in multiple ‘kits’ and on its own? Freestyle allows you to connect all of those different listings to the inventory of a single item. One sale on any of the listings automatically updates the quantity on all other listings for you.
- Manage Inventory Automatically: Freestyle automatically publishes the ‘Available’ inventory back to Magento, which is a sum of the ‘Can Be Assembled’ & ‘Pre-Assembled’ inventory levels. These levels are calculated based off the inventory of the lowest component.
- Avoid Shipping Mistakes: Freestyle recognizes the SKU of the entire kit, and also knows each of the individual items that make up the kit. This insures all of your items get shipped out correctly.
- And more…
How Selling Kits Can Increase Your Sales
There are a number of ways you can increase sales by adding kits to your product mix. First, you have more opportunities to sell each product. Not only can the product be listed on its own for sale, but now you can add that product to one or more kits, increasing the number of listings you and your chances of selling that particular product. Plus, each kit is made up of multiple items, so your sales price is higher.
Some other advantages of selling kits include:
- Offering Unique Products: Your kit is a combination of whatever products you choose, offering you the opportunity to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Opportunity Offer Discounts: Since your customer is buying more than one product with each kit, you may decide to offer a discount on the price. Everyone loves a deal! This can be a strategic way to drive more sales.
To learn more about Kit Products and how Freestyle can help you manage the inventory and order fulfillment processes associated with each kit product:
Watch the recording from the Freestyle Commerce Solution Spotlight: Kitting product demo.