Posted by Fred Lizza, CEO, Dydacomp
Dydacomp’s SMB Index for September has just been published in Internet Retailer. Our index provides an indication of how small to mid-sized eCommerce companies, representing more than 15 industry verticals, perform each month.
The data accounts for more than 1.7 million orders that our Multichannel Order Manager (M.O.M.) and SiteLINK eCommerce clients receive each month, resulting in more than $200 million in combined monthly retail sales.
Below are the key takeaways from our September report:
- Our clients experienced a 5.4% increase in same-store sales vs. September 2011. Based on this increase, we’re anticipating a strong holiday season.
- The growth leaders are consistent with prior month’s statistics with books and sporting goods categories leading the way.
- Sporting Goods continued strong, but is slowing down from its strong summer season growth.
- Food & health product sales were flat in September, although still up on a year-to-date basis. The number of orders in this category declined, but was offset by an increase in average order size.
- Among other larger-volume categories, auto parts also slowed from prior months, but still gained in September.
- The total number of transactions increased by 2.5% in September.
- The average order size increased by almost 3% in September.