How to Establish Invoice Options in Global Parameters
You can easily establish what type of invoice you want to send to your customers under the forms tab in Global Parameters. Go to the Maintain drop down menu, select System Information, and then select Global Parameters. The forms tab should be displayed.
Depending on the setting for Combine Invoices with Packing Slips, invoices can be combined with packing slips in Stage 2 of Order Processing. Depending on this selection, invoices may not be printed in Stage 11.
Combine Invoices With Packing Slips (Stage 2) For – This setting enables you to combine the invoice with the packing slip in Stage 2, eliminating the separate invoice form printed in Stage 11. The combined form is an invoice that can be packed with the order. By selecting All Orders, all invoices will be combined with packing slips for every order in Stage 2 of Order Processing. However, orders with drop shipments will still print separate invoices in Stage 11. If you select No Orders, a separate invoice will always be printed in Stage 11 of Order Processing for each order. By selecting the Simple Orders option, M.O.M. will combine packing slips and invoices only for those orders that 1.) are prepaid 2.) have all merchandise sent in a single shipment 3.) have one shipping method 4.) are shipped from just one warehouse 5.) have the same billing and shipping address, 6.) are not drop shipped, 7.) are not service items.
Forms Imprinted – Check this box if you are using invoices that are imprinted with your company name/logo and address. Leave the box empty if you are using blank or “generic” invoice forms so M.O.M. can print the company name/logo and address on the invoice.
Email Invoices To Customers – Check this box to enable M.O.M. to send a Preformatted Email Invoice to your clients that have Email selected as their contact preference in the Financial Tab of their customer records.
Type Of Form – This setting offers you the choice of what form you wish the invoice to be printed on. The most common forms are:
- Laser Invoice: This is the normal invoice that customers receive with the order information as well as pricing details.
- The L Form: This invoice includes the shipping labels to help you reduce the time needed to match up your packing and shipping paperwork.
- The G Form: This invoice is similar to the L Form, but you can allow your customer to include a personalized gift message with their purchase which is then included on the invoice.
- The W/S forms: These invoices will include the information that is needed to help to streamline your warehouse procedures. This form will include all the details needed to pick, pack and ship the orders in one easy form.
- For more information on any of these forms, check out Software Form Plus.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to comment and let us know!