Posted by Fred Lizza, CEO, Dydacomp
Dydacomp’s SMB Index for November has just been published in Internet Retailer. Our index provides an indication of how small to mid-sized eCommerce companies, representing more than 15 industry verticals, perform each month.
The data accounts for more than 1.7 million orders that our Multichannel Order Manager (M.O.M.) and SiteLINK eCommerce clients receive each month, resulting in more than $200 million in combined monthly retail sales.
Below are the key takeaways from our November report:
- Dydacomp customers sold more than ¼ of a billion dollars in goods in November, processing almost 1.9 million orders.
- 12.3% monthly increase in year over year same store sales in November 2012, roughly the same growth rate as seen in October. The growth was driven by both an increase in the number of transactions (orders) and an increase in the average order size.
- Growth leaders are consistent with prior month’s statistics, with books and sporting goods categories leading the way, joined in November by a sizeable jump in Music/video and DVD sales.
- The nearly 50% year over year growth in November sales for the books category was a surprising jump, although books has shown significant growth rates all year long.
- Growth in Food and health products slowed in November as gift categories have accelerated with the holiday season.
- Among other larger-volume categories, toys, which had been declining virtually every month in 2012, showed year-over-year growth as we enter the holiday shopping season.
- The average order size increased by almost 8% in November to slightly more than $130/order.
We will share December and year-end wrap up numbers soon in an upcoming blog post.